Our legs are responsible for holding us up, getting us around, and play a part in nearly every movement we make throughout our day. Needless to say, it pays off to have strong legs for a strong foundation! Here are five yoga poses to help strengthen (and tone) those thighs!
- Utkatasana (Chair Pose) – Like sitting in a chair, just without the chair, this pose works the muscles of your arms and legs.
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose) - This pose requires strength, flexibility and focus… enjoy working towards the full pose while toning and strengthening your legs, core and arms!
- Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) – This pose requires balance and really works your thighs and hips. Plus, its fun to learn! (Use a block under your hand on the ground if you have trouble reaching the floor.)
- High Lunge - Lunges have always been known as a great thigh and glute toner. Incorporate a few into your yoga practice to really feel the difference in your legs!
- Salabhasana (Locust Pose) – Works your legs from a different angle and tones the back of your legs, glutes and lower back.