While yoga can be a vigorous and sweat-inducing workout, it is just as important to take the time to relax and restore with a more gentle practice. Restorative poses help to calm your mind and body and are very grounding. Here is a short sequence of poses for you to do next time you need to unwind, relax, and reset. Stay in each pose for at least a minute, and try for longer!
- Legs Up the Wall Pose – I recently started a love affair with this pose… something about it is SO relaxing. It is also great to reverse the blood flow for a little while.
- Reclining Bound Angle Pose – This pose is a wonderful stretch for the inner thighs and is really grounding for your entire body.
- Reclining Hero Pose - This is an awesome pose for your legs and very restorative. DO NOT recline in this pose if you cannot sit comfortable in between your legs on the floor. If there is any pain in your knees, place a block under your seat and stay in the seated version of the pose.
- Reclining Big Toe Pose - Another great stretch for the legs. If you cannot comfortably reach your toes without lifting your shoulders off the ground, use a strap!
- Savasana - Ahhhh, savasana. The king of restorative poses. My new favorite thing to do is grab my lavender-scented eye pillow after letting it cool down in the fridge and place it over my eyes while enjoying this pose.