I love to wake up with a vitamin-rich, health promoting smoothie. In my opinion, it beats coffee, any day! Here is my latest recipe that leaves me full and energized for the entire morning!
Ingredients (1 Serving):
- 1 small ripe, or slightly over-ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- 1 cup of organic baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of powdered Spirulina
- a squirt of fresh lemon juice (optional)
Blend all of the ingredients and serve. Enjoy!