The importance of getting out of your comfort zone cannot be understated. SO many people just sit in cruise control, not realizing that their life is slowly flying past them in a blur of colors. It is up to you, and only you, to change that. So, here is my challenge to you: Do one thing each week to challenge yourself and take you out of your comfort zone!
What to do? The options are endless, depending on your personal situation. For example:
- Speak in front of a crowd if you are nervous about doing do.
- Take on a new hobby.
- Ask for a raise.
- Try a new yoga pose. Inversions and arm balances are NOT impossible.
- Afraid of the ocean? Run in and dunk your whole body in for just a second and work up from there.
- Tell someone the truth.
- Tell yourself the truth.
- Make the first step to follow your passion in life.
- Go to the movies or dinner by yourself.
- Climb a tree.
- Ask someone out on a date.
- Play a competitive sport.
- Do whatever you have been putting off for no better reason than thinking you can’t.
You see, the options are endless. When you do something out of your ordinary routine, something that makes you a little on edge, you find out that the barriers you have put up for yourself CAN be broken, and your capabilities are endless. Make a pledge to challenge yourself at least once a week – that is the only way to keep evolving, growing, reaching for the stars and becoming an even better version of your already awesome self!