In the mood for something different tonight? We tried out this super simple curried chicken from WHFoods.org a few days ago, and it was to die for, not to mention healthy!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces (6oz each)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 TBS fresh ginger chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 medium sized onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper julienneabout 1 inch long
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, make sure it is mixed well before using (I use low-fat coconut milk)
- 4 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil for spinach. While water is coming to a boil, cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Healthy Sautéonion in a medium sauté pan over medium low heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic and fresh ginger and continue to sauté for another minute. Add turmeric, and curry and mix well. Add stock, chicken, bell peppers, and coconut milk. Simmer until chicken is done, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper.
- While chicken is cooking, cut ends off the bunch of spinach all at once. Don’t bother trying to do it one stem at a time. It will take you too long and it is not necessary. Rinse spinach well and drop into boiling waterfor just 1 minute. Strain and press dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach on plates and top with chicken mixture.